Sunday, May 13, 2012

Ft. Lauderdale

Here we are, Barbara and I, after an easy trip from home in one of the many hotels that cater to the cruise traffic in Ft. Lauderdale.

There are hoards of people here, all with multiple suitcases the size of small dining room tables. The shuttle from the airport to the hotel had an extra trailer on the back to hold all the luggage.

Breakfast was the usual "diabetic making" collection of waffles with artificial whipped cream and Aunt Jemima syrup. I managed to find something to hold me until we get on the Prinsendam where there will be a spread on the Lido to put people in a good mood before the lifeboat drill. (I hope there's a drill; as I recall the newspaper's said there was none on the Italian cruise ship that tanked recently.)

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment