Tuesday, May 15, 2012

After the Storm

Today was a brighter day, both metaphorically and actually. The sun came out; the captain came over the intercom and assured us that the storm last night was such that we couldn't go around it. Reminds me of the children's song: Can't go over it; can't go under it; can't go around it; gotta go through it. And we did.

Bridge lessons and game was much easier now that I have hit my stride. And....I have the computer part own pat! So...

On to more interesting things. Barbara and I had dinner on the open deck on the Lido: lamb chops, potatoes, Baba Ganouch(sp.), cream of mushroom soup, strawberry cheese cake, and "good" bread.

After the first 48 hours on board, the virus patrol eases off, and the Lido becomes much more of a self-serve. But the polite Indonesian guys still follow you around carrying your plates.

I missed the actual sunset, but below is a shot of the sky and the water--that's all you can see in any direction.

Bonne nuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment