Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Jardins du Luxembourg

After lunch yesterday, it was cloudy, but not raining and not too cold, so Marie and I walked in the Luxembourg Gardens and did our visiting.

We talked about the two subjects that are our favorites: traveling and relationships. Marie is not a shopper. She adores traveling and, unlike me, she researches and visits all the important places in all the countries she visits.

She has visited me in several of the places I have stayed in. She came to Ville Franche while I was studying French on the Riviera several years ago and she stayed with me in both of the apartments I rented in Florence, the one overlooking the Ponte Vecchio and that fabulous one on the Piazza della Signoria.

Relationships are also important to both of us, and we talked about how ours is one where we don't see each other for several years -- I'm also not good to e-mail -- but that when I think of Paris, I always think of Marie. We always make a plan to visit and pick up right where we left off.

The secret to having supportive relationships, I believe, is to find areas of interest and interact in those areas, not expecting people to be with you in places where they have no interests.

Anyway, the Luxembourg Gardens was a lovely setting for our visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment