Sunday, May 19, 2013

La Buissoniere: A Month in Normandy

Several years ago, Lane and Jon and the boys stayed for a month in Normandy in an old farm house called La Buissoniere.  I was able to spend several nights there with them and have some of my fondest memories and best photographs of that time.  This is what I would like to share on this post for Anita's Link Party.  (The photographs are all mine. ) 

They chose the house because of the wisteria and the willow tree.  

S

The landscape itself was memorable and the light like none I've ever seen before.  We had a washer but no dryer so the clothes had to hung on a line in the sun.  Lane says she can close her eyes and still feel the wet grass under her feet as she hung them out (or took them in when the rain came, as it did regularly in May).

This is what the table looked like the first evening after we bought groceries.

Every spot in the old farm house was beautiful, even the sunlight falling on this bowl.

One of my favorite spots was this little bathroom with its slanted roof and tiny window.


.

I had a bedroom with a low ceiling, and this is the view from my window when I opened the cu.rtains every morning.

The wisteria made the curtain on this downstair bedroom window.



This was the view from my bedroom on the other side.


2 comments:

  1. Bonjour Dear Sandra!
    First of all....this post is so beautiful...yes, the light is incredible...every photo is a little work of art!! You are so blessed to have had this experience!
    You photography and artwork are just wonderful....

    Thank you so very much for leaving the kindest comments on my blog. I'm very excited to read more on YOURS, because as I browse here, I am finding treasure after treasure...
    The wisdom and beauty, does it get better than that?! :)
    Merci encore et a bientot!
    Hugs and blessings,
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete