Saturday, May 18, 2013

Connections: Heifetz, Gluck, Will, and "Castles, Crowns, and Cottages"

http://wwwcastlescrownscottages.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tenI_FyFeZ0&list=PLD678BDD58E20126A

I was reading Vickie Archer's blog this morning and she had a link to Castles, Crowns and Cottages.  You will find the link above.  The picture is from tumbler, I think.

My internal link to the Jascha Heifetz music is this: The McLelland boys were with me yesterday, as is our custom.  Will, of course, was playing his violin.  The violin was my daddy's and my daddy was a great fan of Jascha Heifetz in the 1940's.  The melodie is from "Orpheus and Euridici" by Gluck.  I think I'll stop there, and you can follow your own links.

Castles, Crowns and Cottages is one of the most beautiful blogs I have ever seen, and of course, it is about France, especially Provence and Paris.  Check it out for yourself and make your own connections.

More about "cottages" later.

1 comment:

  1. Bonjour Sandra!
    I found you (and your fascinating blog) by way of my dear friend Anita...
    She is an artist in every way and so kind to coordinate this "French Party"...
    Are the various lovely paintings here your creations?
    It is so rare that I see the name of phenomenal Jascha Heifetz in blogland...I just have to say...both of my parents (my mom has passed) were/are professional violinists...how wonderful that your father played as well...
    Looking forward to getting to know you and your blog...
    Have a splendid weekend!
    - Irina

    ReplyDelete