Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Vata Observed

Instead of writing about my own life as a Vata type, I want to tell you about a younger woman I observed at a bridge tournament recently.

She was so obviously a Vata type and she was also struggling, it seemed to me, to be "in the world."

Much younger than I am, blond.  But her hair was fine and thin and dry.  She was a lovely thing, and I spent most of my time at the bridge table admiring her jewelry and her striking appearance.

Her mind was so quick, it was flitting around, ahead of everybody else's.  Once her partner said, "Wait on me, partner, the game's not over yet."  She had already, in her mind, finished that hand and was like a race horse at the starting gate, chomping at the bit for the next one.

Once she left the table.  When she came back, she was breathing so hard, I thought for a minute she was going to pass out.  But she finally calmed herself.

Her three team mates went out for lunch, but she stayed behind.  I don't know if she ate, but she went outside for a while -- to smoke??  I don't know.  Smoking seems to be very calming to the Vata.

She was so intense and focused that the air was charged with electricity.

Her hands and joints seemed large in comparison to the rest of her.

She seemed to be unaware of anyone else around her.   Yet, she was lovely in her isolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment