Sunday, August 5, 2012

BeFunky Photo Software

Now that I look at this image, it's not as good as I thought it was.  But I think the software -- BeFunky.com -- has possibilities.

I was in a hurry, as I was playing in the bridge tournament this morning and this afternoon, so I didn't really get to explore the software sufficiently.

But -- I'll try it some more.  One thing I like is the way you can elangate the writing.

BeFunky is similar to picmonkey, but it may reveal more to me as I use it.

I have become so enamored of manipulating my photos that even the "good" ones seem pale by comparison to the manipulated ones.

I wonder if I like the blurry ones so much because that is always the way I have seen the world.

Nearsighted and astigmatic since I was a child, I remember distinctly the day my daddy took me to Pizitz in Birmingham to have my eyes checked.

All the Hursts are so nearsighted, that an uncle of mine once quipped that we should order glasses by the dozen for the family so we could get a discount.

After being fitted for my first glasses,  I rode up the escalator holding daddy's hand and was astounded to see individual tiny light bulbs, where before I had only seen a bright blur.  Going outside, I could see the leaves on the trees, not just a green splotch.

However that may be, my favorite pictures have always been a bit blurred, soft around the edges.  And now,  I can produce that effect with all the software available on the internet.  Life is truly amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment