Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Waiting for my Joie de Vivre to Return

And it always does, if I will just take the responsibility to meet my basic needs.  My "minimal" daily needs, that is.  All my big needs are met.  I have health, wealth (enough), love, and a means of personal expression.  And I am most fortunate to have a connection to my Higher Self which is sustaining.

I still get in trouble though when I give out more than I take in.  In other words, when I don't see that my "minimal" daily needs are met.  Then I get cranky.

So, you might ask, what are your minimal daily needs?

1.  A good night's sleep.
2.  Good food.
3.  Plenty of down time.
4.  A warm bath.
5.  Creams and oils.
6.  Spending some time with the important people in my life.
7.  Having a little something to look forward to every day.
8.  Reading something that reminds me of what's real.

AND,
9. (this is where the picture of the blue Steve Madden shoes come in) dressing in a way that expresses some hint of who I am.

Today, I had to change tops and bottoms three times before I got it right.  After that, I went to the Waysider and ate ravenously.  I don't know if the food was that much better, but what I do know is that I felt the "joie de vivre" come back into me this morning after a couple of days of being cranky.


No comments:

Post a Comment