Friday, June 15, 2012

I Need a Break

I needed a break this morning, so I took a short trip to Venice to do a little shopping.  You can see the results on this image I created from Polyvore.

I think I'm on to something here.  It occurred to me the other day that maybe actual traveling was getting to be too uncomfortable and too expensive. Maybe I should just travel virtually.

I already do this in my nightlife and it works wonders.  Why not try it a bit in my daytime life???

I can do this lots of ways:  by watching the images as they float across my MAC as I'm talking on the phone, by closing my eyes and remembering the places and experiences I have had, and by getting on Pinterest and Polyvore and creating an entirely new scenario, complete with background and attire.

Nothing has lifted my spirits as much with as little effort -- and no money -- as this trip to Venice did this morning.

In fact, as I get ready to go to Barbara's and eat spaghetti and pineapple upsidedown cake, I will dress carefully, using some of the ideas I explored on Polyvore.

Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment