Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fall Leaves

The Ginkos are turning yellow again on Monish Drive.

Drove by Friday, after my lunch at the Waysider to sit on Lee's side porch and look at the Ginko trees.

They are the most beautiful this time of year when they turn all yellow and drop to the ground, covering it in litttle yellow fans.

There is both a male and a female Ginko which make the fruit that ripens and falls in the spring good for making a medicinal herb traditionally used in Chinese Medicine.

I'm not sure what it's for, but there are always some Chinese people who come and gather the fruit when it falls to the ground.

However, it is the leaves that I enjoy the most and this is the time of year when they are the most beautiful.

I can never decide whether they are more beautiful on the trees or on the ground.  Soon I'll have a chance to see them covering the sidewalk and the yard.  Then maybe I can decide.


No comments:

Post a Comment